It’s no secret how much I love matcha. But what exactly is it? Matcha is a fine green tea powder that comes from crushing the tea leaves. It’s a powerful antioxidant because the entire leaf is being consumed rather than just the extract from typical tea. Matcha also boosts your metabolism, provides vitamin C and magnesium, and is a natural detoxifier for your body. It contains high levels of EGCG which is a compound known to have tremendous cancer fighting properties and boosts your energy levels and endurance.
Matchaeologist sent me their kit to try, and I have to say the matcha powder is delicious. The flavor is refreshing and light and the powder has a roasted aroma. This company prides themselves on sourcing and curating the highest-quality of matcha, creating a rich and creamy flavor. Here are my steps towards making a perfectly delicious matcha latte:
1. Add one scoop of matcha to a small bowl
2. Add a tiny bit of hot water so that the matcha sits just underneath the water line
3. Whisk the hot water and matcha together to create a smooth consistency (about 45 seconds)
4. Pour the combination into your mug and fill up the rest of the mug with hot water
5. Leave room to add a few splashes of almond milk and a dash of cinnamon
You can buy their kit here. Enjoy! ?